A company have increased the focus on monitoring the whole value chain, instead of single components in the chain. This has lead to a more complex analysis of problems regarding the uptime measurements for that value chain.
They use BAC from HP to monitoring the transactions in the value chain.
I therefore created a site, which contains:
- Information of all the systems in that company and the communication between those systems.
- Information of all registered servers in that company and linking them to the system they belong to.
- Information of all Application Operation contracts for the systems.
- Incident’s created in BAC and linking them to actual system.
- Problems created in BAC and linking them to actual systems.
- Information about the value chains and Transactions in the value chains.
- And more…
There is a report defined in BAC, which lists the value chains and the transactions the company wants to monitor and keep a focus on.
I import this report each morning to my system. The users get’s a possibility to analyse the value chains from my sites.
You get a page containing all value chains and transactions linked to these value chains.
To the left, you get the value chains (green) and the transactions (light blue) and the uptime is listed to the right with the date on top of the list.
If you move your mouse pointer over the value chain name, you get information in an Ajax window listing the systems involved in that value chain. If you move the mouse pointer over the transaction name, you get information in an Ajax window listing the systems involved in that transaction and an explanation of what the transactions does. If you move your mouse pointer over the measurements with values lower than the defined SLA, you get information about Incidents created in that day-period for systems in the transaction.
You are also able to click on this information to drill down deeper, getting more information.
You can also on the site shown above, click on a link to analyze the value chain.
You then get the page shown below.
Here you get information about:
- Trends for the value chain
- A gantt diagram for the releases that month, of applications which can have an effect on the value chain.
- Graph which shows the number of incidents each day for that value chain.
- A list of the incidents the actual month for the value chain.
- You also get a graph showing the Linear regression and the possible outcome for the SLA the actual month.
- You also get information explaining the trends in the value chain.
More info will follow….